Hey, all! In a little over a month, New York City is going to play host to quite arguably the greatest ballroom spectacle to ever take place on US soil: Dance Legends. For two nights (April 13 and 14) at the Hammerstein Ballroom, World Champions of the present and the past will be taking the stage for a show, the magnitude of which outshines even the World Super Stars of Dance Festival in Japan.
Current World Professional couples set to perform include:
- Riccardo Cocchi and Yulia Zagoruychenko
- Michael Malitowski and Joanna Leunis
- Sergey Surkov and Melia
- Arunas Bizokas and Katusha Demidova
- Mirko Gozzoli and Edita Daniute
- Victor Fung and Anastasia Muravyeva
- Victor Da Silva and Hanna Kartunen
- Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine and Liana Churilova
Being a Rhythm dancer, I'm very excited for Emmanuel and Liana, and of course, you can't do much better than watching the current top 3 couples in the world in Latin and Standard. I'm holding out for the addition of a Smooth couple, but only time will tell.
Special once-in-a-lifetime performances include:
- Bryan Watson and Carmen Vincelj
- Michael Wentink and Beata Onefater
- Giampiero Giannico and Caterina Arzenton
Many people thought that WSSDF 2011 was the last time Bryan and Carmen would perform together publicly, but the wizards over at Dance Legends worked their magic to get them to perform again. Plus, I'm very excited to see Beata perform, since I came to the ballroom scene rather late and have only seen Beata through videos and as a teacher.
Head to dancelegends.com for more information, including ticket prices and the most up-to-date information. Grab your tickets before it's too late -- you won't want to miss this!